Sunday, December 8, 2013

An Introduction

Hello all! 
My name is Pat. I'm an aspiring artist and author from the sunny state of California. 

This is, admittedly, a nerve-wracking experience (I hear the first post is always the hardest), but I hope I'll be able to make good use of this website and befriend many other bloggers. 

A little about me: My full name is Patricia, although I go by Pat. My family is from mainland China, and I speak Chinese, English, and a bit of French. My passions include music, reading, writing, art, photography, and fashion. My music taste ranges from baroque to heavy metal and I hope I'll share some of that with you as well, with music recommendations. I play the cello and the piano, although I prefer the former over the latter.  Currently, my favorite authors are Shirley Jackson and Franz Kafka, and I enjoy writing poetry and fiction, and although I don't write for an audience, I am always open to sharing my own work as well as reviewing other works. 

I consider myself an artist-in-progress- a lot of my recent work revolves around sexism and rape culture, although I do create a lot of technique-based artworks as well. As for photography, I prefer film over digital pieces. I will definitely share my own artwork soon, and I hope to recommend you to some good artists and photographers as well! 

This blog is dedicated to exposures of art in any form or media- thus the name iconolatries, which means the worship of icons, or two-dimensional images. As you read my blog, I challenge you to drop your established dogmas and cultures for a taste of iconolatry. So  please, come in, and leave a comment or an email! 

1 comment: